Monday, February 26, 2007

Hot Spots on a Delicate Dog


Everyone thinks I’m in a bad mood, and I am. But, it’s not for nothing. I have "hot spots," and the vet thinks I’m allergic to something and gives me steroids, which make me feel groggy and not up to snuff. I don’t know why those athletes take them. Oh, whoops. They don’t take them; their trainers slip them into their vitamin drinks. Anyway, Joan gave me Benadryl last night, and that helped a lot. It’s so difficult being delicate. We didn’t go for a walk today because it’s very slushy and dirty in the streets. Besides, the salt they throw down to melt the snow gets into our paws, which is yet another occasion for pain and suffering. What’s a dog to do?

On a happier note, I’m really happy because everyone loves me. Imagine "hot spots" without love. Now, that’s a sadness I couldn’t bear.

By the way, Shane is just fine. He never gets itchy. His ears are always perfect. Well, his breath isn’t the best, but he doesn’t care.

Best wishes, Juno

No comments: