Sunday, February 4, 2007

Sun and Pills


I’m feeling a little better. Sometimes the medicine makes you sicker than the sickness, and in this country, all the doctors are pill happy. It’s hard to know what’s right. We were worried about Buddy, because he didn’t show up for his biscuits for three or four days. I think he got arrested again, which isn’t so bad, since it’s warm in jail. But, every time we see the "Animal Control" truck cruising the neighborhood, we think, "Run, Buddy, run!" I'll bet humans sometimes get arrested so they can stay warm. Anyway, this morning Buddy was waiting on the other side of the fence for his biscuit; and Joan was so happy he had come back, she gave him two.

It’s a strange day. It must be minus zero degrees outside, but the sun has been pouring in the house all day, which feels really good against my troubled skin, and we didn’t need to burn any oil. Joan says I need another bath, but it’s impossible in this weather. Yippee. Sometimes, I like impossibility. Don’t you?

Best wishes, Juno

No comments: