Sunday, February 18, 2007

Inner Dialogues & Positive Thinking


Here I am, trying to get a nap on an ice patch. Joan made me come in. What's frost bite?

Good morning. Ever since watching the Oprah show about The Secret, I’m trying to be a more positive dog. I’m thinking maybe my skin irritation has caused my recent stretch of disgruntlement. Also, it’s difficult to get around with all the ice on the ground. Yikes. Even Shane slips and slides in the yard. I feel a positive remark coming on: I’ve got to admit, I do love lying on the ice. I mean, if there’s only one patch left before the spring thaw, it’s mine. Ah, such coolness on my hot skin.

Joan just made one of her cooking “experiments,” and the house is filled with smoke, so she’s opened the doors to let it escape. I don’t like the smoke, but her failed experiment was so delicious. Whenever she “fails,” it means treats for me and Shane. What’s wrong with some burned cheese empanadas? I hate it when her cooking experiments go right, because I don’t get any. Like that veggie soup she made last night. She sat there right in front of us spooning the soup into her mouth and saying things like, “Wow” and “I’m so in love with myself” and “I’m glad I’m not a dog.” At least, she could have shared the tortellini.

Oh, I forgot about being positive. See how hard it is to remember? No, it’s easy. Oh, how easy it is to be positive. Ahhhh. There. Did I mention how I love it when I don’t get treats? I smile my dog smile and say, “Oh, this is good for my fat belly.” Whoops! My belly isn’t fat; my belly is just right. I love my belly. Oh, forget it. I’m going to revert to the real me. And, who’s that? That’s my secret.

Best wishes from Juno.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

You sure are a big old cutie! I'm enjoying your blog. Stay warm!