Monday, January 29, 2007

Shane & Sympathy



Here's me not feeling well; there's Shane feeling sympathy sick. Isn't that sweet of him? See, he's got a good heart, and it's not his fault he can't show it all the time.

Well, the snow I was hoping for is almost nothing, but there's lots of slippery ice. I'm still not well, but no one's sure what my problem is. (Sorry about the rug, Joan.) Sigh. Anyway, I can eat, and I can still walk around the block, so all is not lost.

A walk around the block in this weather is paw-numbing, but it's also kind of nice, because no one else is out, and that makes it peaceful.

Too bad about the garbage; it's kind of disgusting the way humans throw garbage in the street so other humans can clean up after them. And, it's never good garbage—you know, edibles. And it's never a health-food wrapper; it's junk-food wrappers and cigarette butts and lots of unmentionables. Yuk. Even dogs don't want to think about it.

But, the good part of walking in the freezing weather is the silence. You can hear cars whoosh by on the parkway, and every now and then a car tries to go in a straight line along the icy road where we're walking, but it's not loud and scary. Life is so short; we have to enjoy the silence. Otherwise, we'd go crazy from the banging and clattering and stupid revving of motorcycles and that horrible sound of the kids' motor scooters that ruin the other seasons. So, even though I'm not feeling well, I'm happy about winter.

Best wishes, Juno

No comments: