Monday, November 26, 2007

Shane On A Foggy NIght




I think Shane needs some attention. He’s been looking very sweet lately, looking for love, looking for kind words. Look how handsome he is with those white teeth (sharp), those soft brown eyes, that neck like a tree trunk. It’s not his fault that he has “issues” in life. People were very mean to him when he was a puppy, and he never got over it.

Me. Yes, people were mean to me, too; but, I’m a different breed. We’re not all alike, you know. Just like people aren’t all alike.

Anyway, I’m saying all this because tonight Shane got scared of something that wasn’t human—the fog. I’m usually the one who’s scared of things that aren’t human, and he’s the one who’s only scared of humans.

Well, he just asked to go outside, and when Joan opened the door, he took one look at all that gray fog and refused to go near the door. He just sat down and lowered his head as though the foggy mass would turn suck him from the safety of the house.
We had to go outside to show him that just because you’re surrounded by fog, it doesn’t mean you’re going to get swallowed up by it. It convinced him to come outside, but he ran back inside. Poor baby.

Now, I see that Shane and I do have something in common. I’m afraid of noises; he’s afraid of the silent fog. It’s a start.

Best wishes, Juno

No comments: