Saturday, May 12, 2007

Under the Azalea: So, I Gained a Pound



Here we are in all our glory immortalizing the azalea bush whose flowers will be gone within the week. Today, I went to the vet and found I had gained a pound. But, I think it was water weight because I had just had a bath and wasn’t fully dry when I got on the scale.

Shane and I get our nails done there because Joan’s afraid of hurting us. People at Babylon Animal Hospital said nice things about me, but, the poor assistants who had the difficult task of trimming Shane’s nails were all tired out by the time they finished with him. He put up his usual big fuss and lots of strong people had to hold him still. When they brought him back out to the waiting room, they were all out of breath, including Shane. I felt bad for him, because, no matter what anyone says or does to encourage him, he throws himself under the train every time one goes by (metaphorically speaking, of course. Oh, Cesar Milan, once again I ask wherefore thou art). It took an entire ten minutes for them to do his nails.

I went next. It took about 30 seconds for them to do my nails, since I don’t put up a fuss about anything, and they weren’t out of breath. They were all smiles.

Then, we went for a ride to take in the sights and sounds of the usual Saturday traffic. Yikes. No wonder Joan hates to drive. All we really did was crawl from one traffic light to the next, and all the time Joan was saying she’d be happy never to drive on Saturday ever again. When we got home, we took a walk. Some people asked me if I was an Oreo cookie. I’m not sure what that means, but if it’s a cookie, it must be good.

Best wishes, Juno

No comments: