Monday, May 21, 2007

Shane's Dharma



Shane loves to walk around the azalea bush and let its skinny branches scratch against his side. Round and round he goes. Down, down fall the pink flowers, left stunned and quivering on the soft green grass. For them, it’s all over, and they know it.

Shane gets all entranced with the scratching of the branches, with the whooshing sound they make as he pushes his round belly against them, with the click-click-click as they snap back into place, stripped of their pretty flowers.

Some people think Shane is a little, well, off. I think he’s determined, if not a little Buddha-like. Maybe the circle around the azalea is his dharma. Who knows? Maybe he’s on the right path.

Me? I don’t even have a path. I just like to watch everything happen.

Best wishes, Juno

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

Hello! I just love your blog. :) Thought I'd say hi.

Sparky

Joan Taber said...

Hi, Sparky,
You're so cute, I can't believe it.
Juno & Shane