Thursday, April 19, 2007

Spring & Sun: No Need for Happy Lamps


Ah, finally, after days of rain and quick walks through the raindrops, we’re out here in the sun. It’s officially spring. Now Aunt Judith can turn off her expensive “happy lights,” Joan can hang the laundry outside instead of stuffing it into the gas dryer, and we can linger in the yard and watch the neighbors’ goings on. Why, just today, someone came to visit and took this picture of Joan and us, and we got bribes so we’d act polite. Then, we went on a long walk and observed the yellow forsythia bushes, the green buds stretching their tiny arms and yawning under their thorny hats. It’s still windy, but it’s not that cold wind that makes you want to turn your back on it; it’s that warm wind that brushes so gently against my fur, I think it’s a warm kiss from my mother. I wonder what ever happened to her. Oh well; I have Joan.

Best wishes, Juno

No comments: