Friday, April 6, 2007

Food, Shampoos, and Breath Mints



Now we’re getting homemade food. Try this one:

4 cups of organic vegetable broth

¼ cup brown rice

¼ little pasta

Get that boiling and then put in any vegetables and veggie burger you have in the house, and cook it all until it’s soft and thick enough to mix well with dry dog food.

Joan chopped up the following and threw it into the broth:

1 tomato, a slice of elephant garlic, two or three celery sticks, carrots, parsley, spinach.

THEN, she threw in a pound of chopped veggie burger (Ives makes the BEST).

Yummy. Shane and I gobbled it up.

I can also tell you about recent shampoos: Epi-Soothe is really good. But, today Joan tried OxyMed for my hot spots, but it didn’t lather up, and it was too stubborn to rinse out. Joan had to use the Dog Poo bar shampoo.

Another plug goes to Pet Groom Pro2. It’s a battery-powered brush that ionizes dog fur and makes it all smooth and clean. It really works! (Joan should get money for all these promotions I do.)

This has been the worst skin-problem winter of my life. But, I can’t talk forever about dog-groom products. So far, Selsen Blue and Dog Poo Shampoo are the winners. The trouble is, they don’t last for more than a week or so, and then I’m all miserable again. Shane? He’s been blessed (except for his nerves). No fur problems, no hot spots. Just arthritis—but Joan found a product for that, too. It works. It’s called Arithmine. Sometime, I’ll tell you about the yummy breath mints we get around here.

Best wishes, Juno

No comments: