Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Tug o'War 'n Manners



Bailey and Saki: In the car or on the field, they're BFs-4-ever

Yes, the young'uns love tug o'war (and contractions). Even on the hottest day, Bailey comes over to play with Saki. They run and tug at toys and chase Frisbees and splash in the doggie pool while I sit and pretend I'm not watching. (Shane stays inside where it's completely peaceful.)

Bailey is learning his manners from me. If he jumps on my head, I let him know how wrong and imposing that is. When he barks in my face, I bark right back with my much more mature and dominating voice. When he blocks the door so I can't get through, I have to admit I become quite severe. He's learning to be a very good dog, and I'm proud to say I probably have something to do with his education.

I guess educating my fellow dogs is my calling.

Best wishes, Juno

No comments: