Monday, August 3, 2009

Coma Schoma




Saki and Bailey taking a break after a dip in the doggie pool.
That's me wishing I had that coffee.
And Shane. See what I mean about the coma?
Hi. I’m back from the Middle Ages and ready to enjoy the rest of the summer. No, I wasn’t really in the Middle Ages, but it sure felt like it what with Joan too busy to help me get it together and all the rain and Shane limping around.
You know, the funny thing about Shane is that he always looks like he’s just about to slip into a coma. And then, someone rattles a bag of dog food or reaches for a biscuit, and suddenly he’s a puppy again. An ancient puppy, but a puppy nevertheless.

This morning, Joan had to help him get off the porch, and then five minutes later, the neighbor’s cat walked by, and Shane tore across the lawn to bark at her from the fence. I just don’t get it. With me, there are no surprises. I’m just me. I know we can’t all be the same, but it would be a lot less exhausting if everyone had my internal sense of serenity.

Best wishes, Juno

No comments: