Monday, August 27, 2007

Walking Under Full Moons


On the night of a full moon, people say strange things happen. Well, the moon is always full, isn’t it? We just don’t see it that way. Tonight we have a full moon that everyone can see, and is it bright!

Around the block we walked, and no one was acting any stranger than usual.

Okay, I did succumb to a temporary fear of turning left, just like Zoolander. That used to happen a lot more in the past; however, the old fear still takes me by surprise—but only once in a blue moon.

And, there was a vibrating noise under the pavement that no one heard but me. I had to sit still and ponder the matter before deciding to turn around and go back the other way. We all made an about-face to the right and retraced our steps.

And, then there was that gray striped cat who followed my every move. She kept hiding behind trees, under cars, between garbage cans, and even inside someone’s house. I saw her staring at me from an upstairs window. I think she made fun of my fear of turning left, but I didn’t mind. Shane didn’t notice the cat; neither did Joan; but she was there alright.

There’s one part of the walk that always causes a little trepidation, and sometimes Joan puts her arms over her head when we pass there because there are so many bats darting around under the trees.

See? Everything was pretty much the same as it always is.

When we got back to the yard, Shane thought he saw a ghost. He turned his back to it so he wouldn’t have to think about it, but eventually curiosity got the better of him and he glanced over his shoulder. It was still there. Of course, it wasn’t a ghost at all; it was only the moon.

Shane thinks the earth revolves around the moon. That’s so cute. Everyone knows the earth revolves around the sun, but, I don’t tell Shane that. He’d be so disillusioned.

Best wishes, Juno

No comments: