Sunday, June 3, 2007

People Are Animals, Too.


One is dearest to God who has no enemies among the living beings, who is nonviolent to all creatures.”
Bhagavad Gita, (Hindu Scriptures, oldest human sacred text c. 2500 - 3000 BC)

The dog across the street has had puppies. She’s too skinny, so Joan brings food to her now. I wish the ASPCA would come and take the dog away. But, as long as she has a ratty little doghouse, it’s okay for the people to keep her chained up and underfed for her entire life. I try not to get serious, but sometimes I just don’t understand why some people are so cruel to animals. After all, people are animals, too.

On a lighter note, the hot water heater is leaking all over the basement! And, why does that earn an exclamation point? Because, Joan can’t give me the bath she thinks I need and knows I don’t want. He-he. Well, she could give me a bath, but she won’t. Even on a hot day, a cold-water bath is too shocking for a dog. Joan bought a tankless water heater, which is still sitting in her car. I was very happy that the plumber didn’t call her back to fix a date for installation. I’m a dog. I should smell like a dog. The hot water heater should stay in the car!

It’s been a very humid week, and it looks as though summer has pushed the beautiful spring days into a future dream. That means days lying spread-eagled in front of the air-conditioner, lapping up lots of water, splashing in the doggie pool, and hiding from the fire-cracker people who perk up their lives with big bangs and pops and flashes of color. I guess they wouldn’t be so happy to make loud noises if they were in, say, Iraq or Afganistan. (Sorry, I got serious again.)

Best wishes, Juno

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Joan, for caring about the poor dog next door...for anyone who wants help for a chained dog near them, visit our site at http://www.dogsdeservebetter.org, it's all about helping chained and penned dogs. We can even mail a letter and brochure to the neighbors in an effort to educate them, and all tips are anonymous. Tammy