Friday, June 22, 2007

Cushion My Ride for Comfort


See us in the picture? We're sitting on a car hammock just for dogs! Just for me and Shane. If you go directly to http://www.perfectdogbeds.com, you’ll see much better pictures. Only without me or Shane as models. But, still, you’ll get a better idea of how cool this is.

You’ll remember our recent trip into the city, which left me not a little aching and exhausted after several hours crammed into the backseat of Joan’s dopey little car. Well, due to my discomfort, Joan started hunting for ways to make these little excursions more comfy and appealing for Shane and me. She found a few websites that sell car beds for dogs and settled on the nicest, friendliest one, http://www.ihelppets.com, which sells Perfect Dog Beds among lots of other dog friendly items. She called the nice people on Sunday morning, and the woman who answered was soooooooo accommodating and polite that Joan almost swooned from shock (just kidding).

Well, she ordered our present right away, and it arrived this very morning. And since we had to go up to Trader Joe’s anyway, we had a perfect excuse for burning gas.

I’m telling you, the dog hammock’s a hit. This gray cloud of comfort (whoops, that’s sort of a mixed metaphor with the gray color, which we’ll now re-name dark silver, even though it’s called “smoke”) cushioned our ride in the plushiest way imaginable. Now I won’t be slipping on the floor every time the car slows down. And it’s so pillow-soft, so just right for an adventurous dog like me or for a homebody like Shane.

And the company is really nice, if you can believe that any company can be nice. They give “One Hundred Percent of [their] Profits” to help homeless animals. Since Shane and I both used to be homeless animals, we think that’s reason enough to check them out. Joan’s putting them on her links section ‘cause she’s loves their attitude.

Here’s to comfort in the back of any car!

Best wishes, Juno

No comments: