Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Hey, I Can Be Tough When I Want




I'm too nice. No one is afraid of me. Well, sometimes a little kid will hide behind a bigger kid as I walk by, but it only lasts a few seconds and they realize I'm not going to do anything but wag my tail. Joan's always saying she's glad Shane is a little "off," because if anyone ever tried to hurt her, he would pounce on the guy's jugular in a nanosecond, that's for sure. So would I, really. But, no one has any real faith in my protective instincts. Look at that picture of me with my teeth showing. Grrrrrrr. Arghhhhh. Yeah. See, I can be just as protective as your next dog. Now, look at the picture of Shane wearing that stupid ribbon. He doesn't look so tough.

Anyway, I think it's better to be nice all the time. It's no fun having friends or relatives who give you a hug one minute and push you out the door a minute later. I love you I hate you I love you. Lots of us have friends and relatives like that, and they're a drag. You might see them and they say, "Oh, hi. Nice to see you. Call me any time." Then you call them and they act like you're a wet towel in their beach-bingo lives. So, if you're smart, you don't call them again. Then you get some dumb greeting card from them telling you to have a Happy Holiday. I don't get it.

Now, at least Shane is predictable. I mean, you just know he's going to go after you, especially if he thinks you're going to touch him on the neck. I'm predictable, too. But, since I'm always nice, I might turn out to be a better protector because of the element of surprise. It's something to remember the next time you think about attacking someone with a dog or sending one of those phony greeting cards to someone you don't really want to know.


Best Wishes, Juno

No comments: