Monday, December 21, 2009

Moving On--(an inch)


It's not easy to write about life now that Shane isn't in it. The big snow storm made me remember that Shane didn't like the cold, and he certainly didn't like snow. I think maybe he knows about the storm that he missed and he's relieved he didn't have to negotiate the piles of snow.

I've always liked the snow, you know, the way it cools my belly. And there's something so quiet about a white landscape that brings a certain peace.

Well, Saki is still bouncing around and enjoys everything. If it's hot out, he's thrilled; if it's freezing, he's overjoyed; if it's raining--well, he's just as happy to stay inside and chew a Nylabone. Yes, Saki's very easy. Like me, only with more energy.

I hope Shane is romping around in Dog Heaven with Rebel, Blackberry, Geordie, Alec, Scotty, and all their dog friends. I hope so. I really do.

Best wishes, Juno

No comments: