Monday, December 27, 2010

Time, Snow, Sleep

I realize that time is passing me by. I'm not so active anymore. Sleep is fun. So is getting Joan up in the middle of the night. So is eating. Gone are the days of traipsing around the park, hopping in the car (now, I tremble and struggle to get up on that seat), and chasing after that cat that used to taunt me.

It's somehow okay. This is what life is supposed to be like. First you tumble and frolic from morning until night; then you get more serious and make a concerted effort to observe and comment on the world; and then you realize that a good sleep and a deep stretch followed by a nice meal are the real stuff of happiness.



Saki and Chula do my running around for me now. I don't mind. And I still love a good snow storm. Ah, yes, the beautiful snow. I still have that. And dreams.


Best wishes, Juno

No comments: