Sunday, December 14, 2008

Walking the Floor?


I no longer walk on wooden floors. How slippery a welcome they suddenly have for me, and I tread not—not even with my great paws that should be big enough to provide support to a dog twice my size. Joan keeps buying runner rugs to make a safe passageway through the uncarpeted part of the living room. They’re very handy for dogs like me who’ve become unsure of their steps. The trouble is Saki keeps eating the rugs. He eats one end, and Joan cuts off the messy fringe left over from his bite marks. The more Saki eats, the shorter the rugs become until, finally, they’re useless. Like napkins.

Alas, I don’t complain about this situation. It’s just an observation.

So, here I stand on the edge of the precipice with nothing but floor between me and the door. Floor floor everywhere and not a rug in sight.

Best wishes, Juno

2 comments:

Raising Addie said...

Walk easy sweet Juno.

I hope you are having a wonderful time during these holidays!

Kisses
Addie

Abby said...

We sympathize, Juno - we sometimes look like cartoon characters when we try to race across the wooden floor to answer the door.

Hoping your mom knows of cheap places to buy rugs!!!

Abby, Olivia, and Taz