Saturday, November 22, 2008

Reaching 116 (pounds)




I’m still recovering from Thursday. Joan comes in from work, sniffs me, chucks me under the chin, and announces it’s time for a bath. I’m quite dutiful about stepping into the tub and wonder if she realizes that I have the power to refuse. She’d never be able to lift me. Yet, I’m silent on this matter.

Well, after the bath I underwent the usual fluffing with the hairdryer, the fifty towels trying to absorb leftover moisture, the remarks about the flying fur. But, then came the surprise trip to the Babylon Animal Hospital where I was scheduled to undergo my annual ordeal of poking and prying by the vet. Shane came along for the ride, and he did his usual growling behind his muzzle, scaring the personnel—and you’d think they’d be used to nervous dogs by now. I mean, not everyone can be even tempered like I am.

Saki stayed behind with Shana, and it’s just as well, because we did a lot of waiting around, and I think Saki would have driven everyone a little mad with his abundance of energy.

But, here’s the real news. Remember how I used to be called words related to “plump”? (If not, you can read about it here.) Well, I’ll have you all know that I’ve lost my baby fat and now weigh only 116 pounds! That’s ten pounds less than Shane! What with bikini season another seven months away, who knows what possibilities lie in my future!

Best wishes, Juno

1 comment:

Raising Addie said...

You look beautiful Juno!
Kisses
Addie