Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I'm Not Proust


Joan says that if I don’t start taking walks soon, I’m not going to have anything to write about. “You have to get out in the world, or your brain will atrophy.” Well, I guess she never heard of Marcel Proust! Or how about Emily Dickinson? Some of the most brilliant people stay indoors. You don’t know that because you don’t see them. Oh, so now I’m not a people? A dog? I’m a dog?

I'm just kidding around. I know very well that I'm a dog. When the little kid down the block found out I was still afraid to go out because of the firecrackers, he said, shrugging his shoulders, "But, the firecrackers are gone. I don't get it!" Well, I don't get it either. I'm just a lot happier in the yard. Saki and Shane still walk around outside the gate. Not me.

Best wishes, Juno

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Poor baby. Fireworks are scary!